If you have made the decision to lead a healthier lifestyle and increasingly include sport in your routine, you already know that it must be hopelessly accompanied by optimal nutrition. And it all starts with breakfast! To start the day with the energy and motivation needed to meet all commitments, here are some ideas for making fitness breakfasts as rich as they are healthy!
What are the main ingredients for a fitness breakfast?
Fitness breakfast is synonymous with balanced. On the one hand, it must be energetic to take the next day with vitality. On the other hand, it should be good for your health. Let’s take a look at the ingredients not to be missed in a motivating breakfast.
- Fruit. The fruit should always be present at the beginning of the day, as it is a natural source of vitamins. If possible, breakfast should contain at least two whole portions. Kiwi, strawberry, apple, or banana are good options.
- Fiber. Fiber is another essential ingredient and is found in foods such as oatmeal, muesli, whole wheat bread, or cereals. Its satiating function complements the stimulating action of the intestines.
- Proteins. Especially if your goal in the gym is to gain muscle mass, protein should be an essential part of any fitness breakfast. They enhance performance in the gym and aid post-workout muscle recovery. We find them in foods such as eggs, yogurt or ham.
- Healthy fats. Say yes to fats, but only healthy ones. They are found in olive oil, avocados, nuts and seeds.
5 Fitness Breakfast Suggestions
Now that we know the keys to a good fitness breakfast, it’s time to act! Here are 5 very simple sentences that you can prepare in no time.
One of the most nutritious breakfasts found in this recipe, oats are the protagonists. To make porridge (also known as porridge) is as easy as heating some milk and oatmeal over a fire. Mix well and let stand until the mixture thickens. To serve, add chopped fruits such as banana slices or strawberries. You can even add nuts like almonds or some fat-free pure cocoa.
2. Whole Wheat Toast with Butter and Tomatoes
Another idea for your next fitness breakfast is to bet on toast, yes, whole grain bread. Add a stream of extra virgin olive oil, chopped tomatoes and, if desired, a few slices of Serrano ham. Accompany them with two pieces of fruit and tea or coffee, depending on your tastes.
3. Fried eggs with avocado
If you need a suggestion of a rich protein breakfast, take note. Make scrambled eggs and add some sliced avocado and some tomatoes to the plate. You decide if you want to eat them on whole wheat toast or not.
4. Yogurt with cereals
Another complete and nutritious breakfast we offer you. Place sugar-free natural yoghurt, cereals, banana pieces, and nuts in a bowl. You can season the mixture with cinnamon and some berries such as berries, blueberries, or raspberries. Substitute cereal for oatmeal if desired.
5. Banana and oat pancakes
The fitness breakfast, which is also delicious, is oatmeal and banana pancakes. It is ideal for athletes as it is rich in protein, carbohydrates and vitamins. To make them, add a banana, an egg, 15 grams of oatmeal, a drop of milk, and a pinch of salt to a bowl. Beat in a mixer and when the mixture is smooth, add to the pan until each pancake is browned. Serve with honey and raspberries.